Five Star Mister Sparky Electrical Panel Replacement & Electrical Installation
An electrical panel is the heart of any electrical service at your home or business. It distributes electricity through circuits and protects these circuits with breakers. Maintaining or installing one is work for our Mister Sparky licensed electricians.
Electrical panel issues are often the result of:
- An older panel that needs upgrading
- Improper installation
- Wear and tear from weather, sunlight, and moisture
- Faulty panels from defunct manufacturers
Whether you need a new installation, repair, or electrical panel upgrade in Richmond, VA, an All Star licensed and insured Mister Sparky electrician gets the job done right.
How old is your electrical panel?
A panel upgrade may improve performance if you live in an older home in the Richmond area or have recently added newer energy-consuming appliances. An upgraded panel also protects your home or business and everyone in it. Out-of-date electrical panels that no longer function optimally could potentially start an electrical fire.
When your Richmond electrical panel celebrates its 20th birthday, it’s time to consider a replacement. Here’s how you can tell if you’re a candidate for a panel replacement:
- Flickering or dimming lights even after changing bulbs – When your electrical system is spread too thin, flickering lights is an early warning sign. You can either trim back electric use or consider electrical panel replacement.
- Constantly tripping breakers / blown fuses – A fuse box is another sign you’re due for an upgrade. They’ve been considered less safe than circuit breakers for decades. If your circuit breaker keeps tripping, you might also need a new electrical panel.
- Circuit surges – Part of the circuit breaker’s job is to regulate surges and if it’s not doing so correctly, give us a call.
- Crackling or buzzing sounds from the electrical panel – Your panel should be silent. If you’re hearing your electrical appliances, contact the manufacturer, but if it’s coming from your electrical panel, contact All Star immediately.
- Discolored electrical panel – It’s good practice to have your electrical panel visually inspected regularly. Check for rust or discoloration. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, contact All Star. We can schedule a comprehensive Mister Sparky electrical panel inspection in Richmond.
- The smell of overheated wires coming from the electrical panel – If you’re also able to smell something burning coming from your electrical panel, it’s time to contact us to have one of our licensed electricians investigate.
- Issues with recently installed appliances, electronics, or systems – This is a common sign that an electrical panel replacement is needed.
Safe & Effective Richmond Electrical Panel Repair
An aging or malfunctioning electrical panel can be hazardous. Call All Star. We’ll send a licensed Mister Sparky electrician to inspect at the first sign of a problem. If a replacement is needed, they’re trained to get the job done right the first time.